Despite being a very small start-up, we endeavour to do the following:
- Record the bare minimum personal data required to operate the site.
- Limit the need to rely on third party services where feasible.
- Endeavour to keep the site's data secure.
Any changes to our ethos, for any reason (such as financial sustainability), will be reflected accordingly here.
MotorNation.net collects the following personal data:
- Personal identification information (Username, email address, encrypted password).
- IP Addresses: Both what you use to access the website and any proxy server IP address as relevant.
Standard details provided by your web browser, for example:
- The User Agent so we can tailor the website to your device.
- The web pages you request to visit, so we can provide the relevant content.
Where you came from so that we can ascertain how traffic makes it way to the website and how people
You directly provide MotorNation.net with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register or manage an account.
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Send us a message via any of our contact forms, for example: our contact us and bug report forms.
MotorNation.net collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Monitor for abuse in the website and the services it provides.
- Contact you regarding your account in-game.
- Improve the website to provide a better user experience.
MotorNation.net would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request MotorNation.net for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MotorNation.net correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MotorNation.net to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MotorNation.net erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MotorNation.net restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MotorNation.net’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MotorNation.net transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch via our Contact Us form.
We will confirm your ownership of the data by comparing the email address provided in the Contact Us form with the email address of the relevant account.
We will send an email to the relevant account asking for confirmation of the request. Once confirmation is received we will respond within a month.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Tailoring the website to your needs.
- Understanding how you use our website.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – MotorNation.net uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website
(allaboutcookies.org) tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
The MotorNation.net website may contain links to other websites.
please do not hesitate to Contact Us.